Tax-Advantaged Business Planning
For Business Owners and Real Estate Investors…
If you own a business or invest in real estate – or are thinking of starting a business or investing in real estate – your financial situation just a whole lot trickier.
You need a financial advisor who understands the intricacies involved with business ownership and real estate investment. How the business is structured; how assets are owned; when to you buy or invest in new capital; how do you take money out of the business…these are some of the questions that if not answered and implemented correctly could cost you a lot in unnecessary taxes. Not all New Jersey financial advisors are equipped to help you answer them.
Business ownership and real estate investing are complex endeavors and if you want to invest in them, then you need a financial planner who sees them as something more than an asset category that can give a kick to the performance of your portfolio. You need a financial planner who knows how to start and build a business themselves, who understands the tax benefits and challenges, and who can successfully manage BOTH the business and personal financial positions concurrently.
That is why we specialize in providing Tax-Advantaged Business Planning. This service allows us to help our clients make smart business and investing decisions that work with the tax code and result in them not paying more than they should.
Here is a list of some of the services and products offered to businesses:
- Defined Benefit (pension, 412(i))
- Defined Contribution (SEP, SIMPLE, 401(k), Profit Sharing)
- Retirement plans focusing on larger contributions to owners and key employees
- Fiduciary- we legally act as a fiduciary and in the best interest of your employees
- Individual counseling – for retiring employees
- Long Term Care
- Executive Disability Programs
Business Continuation & Executive Compensation Programs
- Buy Sell funding programs
- Succession Planning Counseling
- Key Man Retention Programs
- Supplemental Executive Retirement Plans
- Deferred Compensation
- 162 Controlled Bonus
- Split Dollar
- Key Man Insurance programs
Personal Financial Planning
- For business owners and key executives
- Estate planning
- Investments and personal insurance
- Insurance, risk analysis, and risk evaluation
- Tax planning and tax reduction strategies
- Coordination with your other professional advisors
- Intergenerational wealth transfer strategies
- Charitable giving
- Social Security planning
We know that you are likely working with other financial professionals and we can work with them if you so choose. It is never a bad business decision to get a second opinion. Tax codes change; financial and retirement products and offerings change. A fresh pair of eyes can help make sure that you and your business are keeping up with the changes.
We would love to meet with you in our New Jersey office. Feel free to contact us using the form or call our office at (973) 439-1190.